Here at St Thomas’ Church we want to serve and bless our community, both locally and globally, through sharing the resources God has given us, and partnering with others of like mind.
Please click on the links in the menu on the right or in the text to find out more about our community engagement. If you’d like to get involved in one of these initiatives, please Contact Us to find out more.
As a church, our vision is to share God’s love from the heart of the city. St Thomas’ Church has a building in a city-centre location in Lancaster, but our church members live and work in communities scattered all around north Lancashire and even beyond. Whether we are gathered in the city centre, or dispersed to our homes and workplaces, we want to be a blessing in the name of Christ to those we meet.
We have a number of outreach ministries to our local areas, which you will find on the menu on the right. Some of these, such as St Thomas’ Pre-school, The Ark and Little Fishes,are based on the church premises. Others such as Sports, Live Simply and Lyrics and Lunch take place in neighbourhoods and networks throughout our region. Click on the links to find out more information
St Thomas’ Church has a long established commitment to supporting global mission work throughout the world, as well as in other parts of our nation.
- 10% of the money we are given as a church we give out again to support mission work beyond our parish. - We have an active Mission Support Group
which supports our mission partners through regular communication, prayer, and visits.
- As a church, we commit to praying regularly for our mission partners as part of our Sunday services.
- We encourage church members to take part in short-term mission trips, and church teams have recently gone out to Kenya, Thailand, and Moldova.
- We also have a particularly strong link with Tearfund,
and hold an annual gift day in the autumn, which has raised £10k-£20K for Tearfund each year over the past decade.
- For over 25 years, St Thomas’ Church has had a strong commitment to fair trade, with an inter-church Craft Aid shop
on the premises.
Please click on the links to the right to find out more, or use the links in the text.